AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to integrate conversion tracking with e-commerce tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how to create a search campaign for e-commerce site please help me with a solution

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to integrate conversion tracking with e-commerce tracking

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Anvesh,

To integrate conversion tracking you need to get the tag from your adwords account and put it in your thank you page.

Navigate to Tools => Conversion

Click on the +Conversion to create a tag for your website.

In your case select "Website" and fill the required field.

After filling all the details click "Save and Continue"

You will get a piece of code paste this code between the
<body></body> tag.

Complete Guide: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722054?hl=en

Re: How to integrate conversion tracking with e-commerce tracking

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi there,

I see two questions here - Creating a Search campaign and tracking conversions.

As a best practice, I'd suggest categorizing campaigns/ad groups according to your products. Since you have an e-commerce website, you can create campaigns based on broad categories and further create ad groups based on specific products. For instance - home & office furniture could be campaigns and specific categories like couch, beds and chairs could be ad groups. This would allow you to have specific ads and hence maintain relevance. More about account structure here.

Since you're advertising an e-Commerce website, you can use Shopping campaigns advertise your products in a more efficient way. More about Google Shopping best practices here. I'd recommend reading a few great articles on Shopping Campaign Guides Part One, Two and Three by @theniks. You might as well run Search & Shopping campaigns simultaneously.

Speaking of conversion tracking, I'd suggest following the above steps. However, do remember to select 'The value of this conversion action may vary' under conversion value. This is because conversion values would differ every time a purchase is made on your website. More about tracking transaction specific values here.

Hope that helps, feel free to write back!

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar