AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to increase conversions and clicks in afternoon if morning CTR is low?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

What is the easiest way to increase visibility, clicks, and CTR in the afternoon of a given day (say, after 12 noon) if our clicks and CTR are low in the morning (between 6-12)?

Our business is reliant on online form fills and calls so we are looking to boost these.

Thanks in advance!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author April J
January 2017

Re: How to increase conversions and clicks in afternoon if morning CTR is low?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Ok, then I would recommend using Target CPA and setting the target so that you hit your budget goal. Theoretically this will allow you to maximize conversions at your target budget. AdWords considers time-of-day and a number of other contextual factors when using a Smart Bidding Strategy. This will be more effective than the rules that you originally requested AND less complex.

If you still want to implement the original idea then I would recommend using an Automated Rule in AdWords. Below is a screenshot of a rule that would allow you to raise bids at noon if clicks and CTR are below a specified threshold for the current day. Note that the example is for ad group level bidding but can be done in the same way at a keyword level. Also, a rule would be needed to revert the bids at a later point in the day.

Screenshot_4.png

Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

How to increase conversions & clicks in afternoon in morning CTR is low?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey April,

Increasing visibility is pretty simple. Here is a good article on how to do so: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6372656

Hope that helps!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Jim! Thanks for sharing the article. 

I'm more looking for an automated way to increase my clicks in the afternoon if the morning doesn't perform well. 

I believe rules could work for this, couldn't they?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You could play around with the day parting.  You could assign a higher bid to your peak times of the day.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hey April,

To answer this question I'd like to know what the goal of AdWords is for your company. Is it to maximize online form fills on a given budget? Or is it to hit a target cost per form fill? This will dictate the day part strategy.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Jim,

The goal is to maximize form fills and click-to-calls on a given budget.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author April J
January 2017

Re: How to increase conversions and clicks in afternoon if morning CTR is low?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Ok, then I would recommend using Target CPA and setting the target so that you hit your budget goal. Theoretically this will allow you to maximize conversions at your target budget. AdWords considers time-of-day and a number of other contextual factors when using a Smart Bidding Strategy. This will be more effective than the rules that you originally requested AND less complex.

If you still want to implement the original idea then I would recommend using an Automated Rule in AdWords. Below is a screenshot of a rule that would allow you to raise bids at noon if clicks and CTR are below a specified threshold for the current day. Note that the example is for ad group level bidding but can be done in the same way at a keyword level. Also, a rule would be needed to revert the bids at a later point in the day.

Screenshot_4.png

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Perfect! Thanks so much, Jim. This is exactly what I was looking for. You're the best!