AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to increase clicks On sitelinks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Few days ago i was added site links on my ads, every site links have impression more than 100 but still i didn't get any click what i need to do.

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to increase clicks On sitelinks

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
If your target is to get click on the sitelinks themselves, maybe you should focus on creating ads that point to the same place where the sitelinks point.

Typically, sitelinks are "enhancements" that we use for our ads, enhancements which make our ads stand out more and also detail our offer. They don't necessarily get too many clicks per se, but they do increase the visibility of our ads.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello vikas S,

Sitelinks helps you to what you offer, what your site carry in details to know. Sitelink is very useful to significant to your clink. Why you use ads on sitelink to know please read https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375416?hl=en

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Vikas,

A small addition to what has been said above, make sure you are looking at the right data while evaluating the Sitelinks performance. I hope you are reviewing the data under Ad Extensions>> then selecting Sitelinks from left and then segmenting the data by click type. This would give you the data like Headline clicks, Sitelink clicks etc...

Also, most of the times you tend to have less CTR for the sitelink clicks compared to regular clicks. 

As Calin said above, if the intention is to get more clicks on links you added as sitelinks, then yes you can send the dedicated traffic to those parts of the website by creating different ad groups, ad copies etc...

However on the other hand, you might try adding more specific sitelinks for different ad groups that direct to unique landing pages.

Pankaj

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Vikas,

Apart from the great advice that you already have here, I would just like to add that if you have implemented 'Sitelinks' in your campaigns you should probably think about upgrading them and adding description lines to your Sitelinks.

In effect, by adding description lines to your sitelinks you can add to the space that you occupy on the SERP. In order to ensure that this happens, you need to bid high enough on your keyword themes to rank them on the top positions on the SERP. More the impressions that your ads garner, more the chances of your sitelinks showing up with your ads and record incremental clicks for you.

Here is great discussion on Enhanced Sitellinks that may help you: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Enhanced-site-links/td-p/79346

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Vikas,

I agree with the suggestions given above.. just one more basic point... Are your sitelink texts relevant to what your users are searching for? You could maybe tweak what your sitelinks are saying, to make them more appealing to the users.
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!