AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to improve your CTR

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Improving your compagin results and boostyour ROI,CTR&Qualility score

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to improve your CTR

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Vikas,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

This is a very vast area and there are literally hundreds of things that you can do to increase your CTR.

I'd start with this great article by Kim, a Top Contoibutor : https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/AdWords-Click-Through-Rates-CTR-Evaluating-and...

Also, here's one by Zee, one of our community managers: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Get-the-basics-right-One-quick-step-to-improve...

Check out the "Articles" link in the menu and do a search for "increase CTR". The section is choc full of useful articles on the topic. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I'll just refer you there. Others have put it better than I could 

Hope this Helps.

- Prashanth Reniguntala

Re: How to improve your CTR

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Vikas,

Besides the links that Prashanth has suggested, I would like to say that you need to get your structuring of campaigns right. You need to have closely relevant adgroups made of not more than 5 -5 keywords/ adgroup.

Once you have the adgroups down, you need to work on creating specific ad messaging for each of those adgroups. Some helpful tips here would be to try and use the keywords from the adgroup in your ad messaging. Try using keywords in your headlines most, as when your ads are triggered and if your keywords and the search queries are similar or closely matched, your headline will be bolded or your keywords would be bolded when they appear on the SERP. This will help you attract the user towards your ads and if used with enticing ad messaging, you can intrigue the user into clicking on your ad.

Next step is to use relevant content on your landing page without which a user would just bounce off the page leaving you with a high bounce rate and low conversion rate.

These basic steps, would atleast help you improve your CTR & QS and then eventually your ROI.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"