1.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to improve my GDN campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is the capture of my GDN campaign. What do I do to improve the click, As shown in graph there is huge click difference with the same amount Iadword.PNG have used. Please guide me what could be the reasons and what i have to do on daily basis to optimize my campaign.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Apurv S
September 2015

Re: How to improve my GDN campaign?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I'd suggest layering the targeting methods to have more specific target audience. You can use Keywords + Topics in one ad group, managed placements in one and in market audiences (if available) in a different ad group. Layering demo (age, gender) is also a good option if you're targeting a particular demo.

In addition, I'd suggest one text ad in each ad group, appropriate negatives (placements, keywords, site category exclusions, mobile app placements), so your ads can run on identifiable placements which could eventually be manually targeted.

As display doesn't have bid estimates, you can try bidding high (manually) and eventually settle at appropriate bids, to ensure traffic doesn't fall.

Feel free to write back.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
What are the ad types, targeting methods and bidding method you've used in this campaign?
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ad type : Google Display Network
Targeting Methods : there are two ad groups : one is based on placements and other is based on Display keywords. Bidding type : Auto.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Apurv S
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

I'd suggest layering the targeting methods to have more specific target audience. You can use Keywords + Topics in one ad group, managed placements in one and in market audiences (if available) in a different ad group. Layering demo (age, gender) is also a good option if you're targeting a particular demo.

In addition, I'd suggest one text ad in each ad group, appropriate negatives (placements, keywords, site category exclusions, mobile app placements), so your ads can run on identifiable placements which could eventually be manually targeted.

As display doesn't have bid estimates, you can try bidding high (manually) and eventually settle at appropriate bids, to ensure traffic doesn't fall.

Feel free to write back.

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar