Guide Me
star_border

How to get information on Advertising with Google

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I would like to find out:
1. how to list my property on the first page of google search?
2. what the costs are for advertising?
3. whether paying to be at the top, guarantees that we stay up there?
Thanks

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Not sure what you mean by "my property", are you referring to a real estate listing?  The landing page or web page that your campaign takes visitors to, should be on a website that you control. 

Costs vary by market on AdWords, there is typically an "average cost per click" associated with a campaign, and you set your maximum daily ad spend on clicks. 

There are no guarantees of "top" ad position.  You can bid to be the top ranking ads, but AdWords is dynamic auction market, and quality scores play a major role. Whether you stay there is a function of many factors - your bidding strategy, quality score, click-through rates, competitive bidding, geography, etc. 

I suggest you read some of the overview materials about AdWords (link to one below).  Google has also produced excellent overview videos which are available on YouTube. 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6349091?hl=en

hth!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you Steve B - what I mean by "my property" is that I want to advertise my self catering accommodation property on Google

Is the only way to advertise this way - through AdWords?

Is there a way to pay per call instead of per click?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Linda sorry to be dense but by "property" are we talking about a website, or real estate property?

Google has several types of advertising campaigns, under the brand name "AdWords"; it sounds like you should be looking at either a search campaign, or perhaps a video (YouTube) campaign if there is promotional video.  The most common place to start is by setting up a Google search campaign, that is the traditional Google 4-line text ad displayed near search results. 

Within search campaigns, there is an ad type called the "call only ad".  But it has seen limited application because there are some issues.  If you run a search campaign, that is not the best place to start.  A lot of people new to AdWords make the assumption "call-only, great i won't pay unless i they call me".  That is not how it works, and it's a bad assumption.  I'd recommend you start with regular extended format text ads, if you run a search campaign.  Call-only ads could be experimented with if you like, of course, but they are tricky and often don't work out. 

Here is an article which might be helpful.  Also Google has overview videos on YouTube. 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2567043?hl=en-AU

hth!