AdWords
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to estimate the number of impression for Display Advertising with a given budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm helping one of my client to setup a Display Advertising campaign and I'm having problem in finding a way to estimate number of impression with a given budget. Is there any tool that can generate such a information?

Need some advice urgently

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to estimate the number of impression for Display Advertising with a given budget?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

You might consider using Placement tool to find the estimated number of impression on a given domain. Tool also gives you an idea of what types of ads can you target towards those particular domains on Google Display Network. 

Read this article for details on this tool: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2471191

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Re: How to estimate the number of impression for Display Advertising with a given budget?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,

Thank you so much for your advice. I know there's a tool that provide impression for a particular domain or platform (website that sign up for G. Adsence).

But my question here is, how can I estimate the number of impression I can provide to my advertiser with a given budget per month.

For eg, I have $10,000 a month of budget for display advertising. Is there anywhere that I can estimate the number of impression I can generate out of this money.

Really need some good advice as I'm trying to propose to a client of mine tomorrow.

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

Honestly, I am not quite sure if you can accomplish this especially for a Google Display Network Campaign because there's no tool which can give an estimation of number of impressions for a given budget. Although in case of Traffic Estimator tool, you do get some numbers like daily clicks, daily impressions etc...but that's meant for Google Search Network (and not Display Network).

By the way there's another tool called Ad Planner (www.google.com/adplanner), which you might consider looking at for further insights on Google Display Network.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Pankaj,

Thanks again for your advice. I appreciate it a lot!

Yes, I'm using the tools to get some placement advice. Thanks a lot!

Do you know what will be the safe CTR and VTR for display advertising? As I understand, it shouldn't be as high as search advertising.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Pankaj,

BTW, can you share me the avg CPM based on your experience (maybe a range will help?..

Thanks Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again,

It's difficult to predict CTR and VTR before actually implementing them because try and understand that every business is different and the advertisers frame their accounts differently based on their experiences.

You are right that Display CTR is pretty low when compared with Search CTR. So we have to give time to this type of campaign to settle down and then see if it brings any good results or not.

I found this old thread where Moshe and Shweta talked about GDN bidding techniques. I hope that should be helpful for you.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Pankaj,

Thanks. The old thread did help a little. Looks like I'm not the only want which is having this issue.. Smiley Happy

What do you mean by estimating the CPM by reducing the CPC 20-40% lower.

Meaning, if the suggested bid is $5.00, so my CPM Bid should be 20-40% lower than $5.00?

formula

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The formula I use is as follows: "(Monthly Budget/ Avg. CPC)/.002 = estimated monthly display impressions.  

Re: formula

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
hi Brett,

thanks for your formula.. However CPC estimates are not given, only cpm...