AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to edit options for Ad Groups once created?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi There,

When creating an ad group, I go options to decide targeting based on things like keywords or interests. However, now that the Ad Group is created, I can't wind any way to edit those settings.

There's nothing in the Edit or Details menus when viewing Ad Groups and the Pencil icon only allows you to change the name.

Any pointers in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Ben

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to edit options for Ad Groups once created?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ben,

Click on the ad group name, not the pencil. The next page will have tabs that will allow you to change/add keywords and targeting methods. (settings, ads, keywords, audiences, ad extensions, and auto targets).

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Heaps for the reply Pete,

So I've clicked the name of the ad group and can see a list of ads and have finally found some keywords under "Display Network" (which makes no sense to me) but I'm still confused sorry.

The interface is completely different - how do I see the same interface I did when creating the group (complete with a URL you can ad and see some suggestions)?

Sorry if this is easy but I've seen 3 different interfaces for uploading ads (and some don't allow you to change the ad name) so am finding the whole experience unnecessarily complicated and confusing.

Cheers

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Ben,

What kind of campaign did you create, search, display or hybrid? If it's a search network campaign, you will have a tab for keywords. If it's a display network campaign, you will have a tab for Display Network and keywords within that tab. If it's a hybrid campaign, you will have both.

From the sound of it, you're probably running a Display Network only campaign (DN). Go to the AdGroup where you want to add your ad. Click on the red "+ Ad" button, then select image ad. You'll be able to upload your image and give the ad a name. Click on any image ad to change the name.

In a DN campaign keywords work a little differently than with a search campaign. Keywords work together to form a theme. Ads are placed on sites that match that theme. Even so, you can increase or decrease bids based on the keyword.

Hope this helps,

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords