AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to do remarketing for facebook visitors only?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How to do remarketing for facebook visitors only? What are the steps to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rahul T
September 2015

Re: How to do remarketing for facebook visitors only?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If you have visitors on your site who clicked a link to that site from a facebook post, facebook will be a referral for those visitors, recorded in Google Analytics.

To "do remarketing" to those visitors you need to follow several steps explained in detail here :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611268?hl=en&ref_topic=2611283

Basically your site needs to have the google analytics code and you need to create a list. From the moment this list is created, you can gather visitors in it. When the list reaches 100 members you can start remarketing to them from AdWords.

It is not necessary for the visitor to do an action on your site to be added to the list, except a visit to a page where the Google analytics code is placed, in the modified form for remarketing .

So you can remarket also to users who did not complete a contact form.

There is some learning to do before using this feature, it is not as easy as 123.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rahul,

I don't thik Its possible to retarget the facebook visitors through Adwords..

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Facebook.com is recorded as a referral in Google analytics.

You can setup in Google Analytics a remarketing audience with custom segments. In here you can setup a segment which matches referral = facebook.com .

This audience can be used in adwords to do Display Network remarketing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Adrian.
M little bit confused. I think re marketing shows our ads to those people who visited our site in past. Right?

So if i said - i have my site seohonchos.com
and i want to do remarketing for this domain.

So can you tell me how remarketing will work for those who did not fill up the contact us form?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rahul T
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If you have visitors on your site who clicked a link to that site from a facebook post, facebook will be a referral for those visitors, recorded in Google Analytics.

To "do remarketing" to those visitors you need to follow several steps explained in detail here :

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2611268?hl=en&ref_topic=2611283

Basically your site needs to have the google analytics code and you need to create a list. From the moment this list is created, you can gather visitors in it. When the list reaches 100 members you can start remarketing to them from AdWords.

It is not necessary for the visitor to do an action on your site to be added to the list, except a visit to a page where the Google analytics code is placed, in the modified form for remarketing .

So you can remarket also to users who did not complete a contact form.

There is some learning to do before using this feature, it is not as easy as 123.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Adrian... I got the idea about whole process...