AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to divide my budget according to certain hours?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I am running a campaign throughtout the day. I see that from 7 AM to 4 PM, I get maximum calls. My daily budget is $1000. How should I share my daily budget so that I get maximum calls without compromising the budget?

Thanks,

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to divide my budget according to certain hours?

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Ncc J

Are you missing volume due to budget during those hours? You can determine that by adding the "Search Lost IS (budget)" to your columns, then segment by Time > Hour of Day.

If so, I would set up ad scheduling to show only during those hours (link below) so that your budget is consumed during that time. If it doesn't consume your budget and your aren't missing impressions share due to rank ("Search Lost IS (rank)", then I would first do some keyword research to see if I can capture more relevant volume during those hours. If not, and you want to ensure you are using out your budget, then I would open my ad scheduling during other hours.

Now, if you aren't losing due to budget, but are losing due to rank, you will want to take a good look at your keywords and see what drives your calls. Are they missing due to rank? Do they have lower ad positions? If either one, then consider increasing budget to increase impression share and/or visibility. These keywords during those times are obviously more valuable, so they could be worth an increase in bid.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404244?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dfalse&hl=en

Best of luck,

David

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Ncc J,

You can use ad scheduling bid adjustments, increasing the bids from 7 AM to 4 PM and/or decreasing the bids for the other time of the day.

Note: You can make the ad scheduling bid adjustments within range -90% to +900%

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you are maxing your budget for the entire day, I would first make sure your ad rotation is set to "standard" vs "accelerated".

Then, I would create an ad schedule.  Turn "off" your unprofitable, lowest performing times of the day.

Next, if you are still maxing your budget for the day, start adding some bid adjustments to the time segments that are most profitable.  I would start with 25% for the best performing hours, and then adjust up or down from there.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Really appreciate your reply. 

Yes! Around 20% is the search loss by budget. I am confused how to go with the range of  -90% to +900%. I mean what % should I choose for hours which are bringing the leads at maximum. My daily budget is $1000.

Thanks,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks Archit,

Can you please guide me what % is good for hours which are good for maximum lead generation?

Thanks,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks a lot !

You are so close to my problem. Alright! So 25% of total budget should be allocated for best performing hours you mean?

Best,

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Ncc J,

You do not need to allocate the 25% of budget during these profitable hours.

Instead, you can increase the keywords bids for these hours to attain better ad rank and hence, higher ad position and more probability to win the ad auction against the competitors on every user search query related to your keywords.

While decreasing the bids for non-profitable hours resulting less budget consumption with lower bids.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’