AdWords
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to delete some Similar audiences or to filter out permanently ?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Since the "Similar to" audiences have doubled the list of Audiences in the Shared Library, I want to delete some of them simply because for an audience of 2000, the "Similar to" audiences suggests a bucket of 41.000 or more.

[Edit] I mean, isn't the Audience list limited like the other shared resources , for example "20 shared negative keyword lists" , and this addition of "similar to" audiences can "help" us reach a limit too soon ? [/Edit] 

When someone has 50 categories of "shopping cart abandoners" for each product category and each bucket is an audience, it is not too much fun to see another 50 "Similar to" Audiences popping up there. I'm not saying this is my case, I'm just trying to draw a larger picture of the situation.

Even when I tried the filter, it is not permanent and you cannot filter by name.

filter-out-similar-audience.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Re: How to delete some Similar audiences or to filter out permanently

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Adrian, 

Thanks for posting in the AdWords Community!

Currently there is not a way to delete or permanently filter out similar audiences from showing in your audience list. The best option we have available right now is the feature you have provided a screenshot for, where you can choose to filter out similar audiences, but as you mentioned this is not permanent. 

I hope this helps to clarify the situation! 

Best, 

Tiffany 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Adrian B
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Adrian, 

Thanks for posting in the AdWords Community!

Currently there is not a way to delete or permanently filter out similar audiences from showing in your audience list. The best option we have available right now is the feature you have provided a screenshot for, where you can choose to filter out similar audiences, but as you mentioned this is not permanent. 

I hope this helps to clarify the situation! 

Best, 

Tiffany 

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for answering, I thought I was not seeing an option that was there under my nose.

Are audiences limited in number like the other shared resources , like the example that I have been reading with 20 negative keyword lists ? Just to know where to stop when creating audiences.