AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to delete AdWords Account that's in process of being created?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I attempted to create an AdWords account a few months ago, but wound up not going through with it.  Now I am getting an invitation to share an AdWords account and cannot connect my email address because it says it's already associated with a AdWords account.

The account its associated with is still in the setup process and I can't figure out how to just delete it. Right now it is asking for billing information.  Is there any way for me to delete this without having to complete the billing info? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: How to delete AdWords Account that's in process of being created?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello Andrea F,

in your Adword account go to Account settings by click on cogwheel in the top right corner. Down there you have Account cancellation.
Click on Cancel this account and confirm it.
Then you can just wait until it's done and then your email will be free again - it might take a few hours.

Or there is more complicated but faster way to fee your email adress from this Adwords account.

• Create new Google account or any email adress
  • In your old account go again to the cogwheel -> account settings -> Account access
  • Click on +Users, add there newly created email adress with administrative access
  • Confirm everything on your new email adress
  • Again cogwheel -> account settings -> Account access
  • Delete old email adress from this account
  • And just like that in a few seconds your old email will be freed from this Adwords account

Good luck!

Alex