AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to define monthly budget for on search, display and mobile app?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

Can you suggest how to define monthly budget for SEM?

Suppose, I have 20 Lac budget for advertising. 

Regards-

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to define monthly budget for on search, display and mobile app

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Sanjay,

Though AdWords doesn't have a minimum spend requirement, budget allocation would depend on your marketing objectives.

For businesses looking for direct response (like online conversions, phone calls, form fills, etc) you'll have to concentrate more on Search Ads and Shopping (for retailers) and hence it would make more sense to allocate more budget there.

In case you'd like to create more brand awareness by reaching out to most number of people you'll have to concentrate on Display & Video networks. In this case it would make sense to allocate more budget on Display & Video.

Further, based on your targeting (location, languages, etc) you might have to create separate campaigns which also includes budget allocation.

Though monthly calculations are more comfortable for calculations and audit, you'll have to allocate daily budgets for each campaign as AdWords doesn't take monthly budget. You can do this by diving your monthly budget by 30.4 (average of number of days in a month) to arrive at a daily budget.

From performance and ROI perspective, I'd suggest structuring your campaigns based on marketing objectives and start with a decent budget. You can then increase your spend on campaigns that fetch better ROI.

Hope that helps!

Sumanth Sridhar

Re: How to define monthly budget for on search, display and mobile app

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Sumanth Sridhar.