Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to decide on display ad dimensions

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

With sites having multiple multiple dimensions available for Leaderboards/Square/Skyscraper ads, what is the best practice in selecting the dimensions?

For instance, the Square/Rectangle availabilities are:

300x250
336x280
250x250
200x200

Would it be enough to upload one in 250x250 and one in 336x280 and it would automatically resize to the fit other dimensions?

Thanks in advance!

Tim

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You should upload all different size of banners.

Recently I have noticed that my static banner has been resized. I have not added the 728*90 size banner, but I have seen the ads in that dimension and it was resized. But there is no official documentation available for this.

Hence I recommend you to add all different size of banners.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You should upload all different size of banners.

Recently I have noticed that my static banner has been resized. I have not added the 728*90 size banner, but I have seen the ads in that dimension and it was resized. But there is no official documentation available for this.

Hence I recommend you to add all different size of banners.

--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: How to decide on display ad dimensions

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Tim,

I agree with Rakesh that adding all banner sizes as not all sizes can be resized to create a different image. 

Just so you know, out of all possible sizes, the five most popular image sizes to use are:

• 300 x 250
  • 728 x 90
  • 160 x 600
  • 320 x 50
  • 300 x 600

These can be automatically resized to fit 95% of the available placements on the Google Display Network.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you James.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Rakesh.