AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to create and manage a real estate campaign successfully?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to create a campaign on selling a property. Is there a specific way to create such a campaign on the basis of number of keywords, ad groups and so on.

Also I have another real estate campaign already made by someone else. He made ad groups for keyword matching options instead of themes.

For example :

For selling a Villa, the following ad groups were made, Villa -Exact Match, Villa - Broad Match Modified, Villa - Phrase Match. And no Broad Match keywords were added.

Is this the right way to do a campaign?

I would like some helpful suggestions and any new information regarding this.
Suggestions from someone with experience in real estate campaigns would be extremely helpful.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to create and manage a real estate campaign successfully?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello,

Obviously the first thing you should set a campaign targeting users in your location, and a separate campaign for the keywords with your location mentioned.

Now, i understood the campaign is for a real estate firm that sells properties, then the idea of having 'selling a villa' is actually a good idea, because it is actually targeting different user personas.

Do research based on your location for all those keywords, including 'buy houses in XYZ' etc. i personally would like to have the broad matches in a separate ad group for it can be more expensive.

Hope this helps.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Prince Vishnu,

Great questions.

As Brower mentioned, you should set up different campaigns for the different locations you want to target. AdWords has a lot of great targeting options. You could even target as specifically as zip codes (as long as the search volume is there). From there you should create keyword themes and place them in ad groups.

There isn't necessarily a set number of keywords you should have per ad group but keep in mind that the fewer keywords you have per ad group, the more relevant your ads will be. The ad group set up you mentioned before, splitting terms out by match type, is a matter of preference. It's really up to you, if that's the way you prefer to manage things or not. If you do separate ad groups by match types, it is important that you use a corresponding negative keyword strategy. The ad group with broad matched terms should have negatives for the phrase and exact match of the same terms. The phrase match ad group would include exact match negatives of the same term. This is meant to assist queries in mapping to the most relevant match type.

Broad match is also a preference. If your budgets are already capped, I probably wouldn't worry about expanding into broad match. if you are looking for additional volume, though, there is opportunity to use broad keywords to mine for keyword and sometimes broad match terms do perform as well as better than exact or phrase match. Generally, those would be your modified broad terms, though, which you already have. Just be sure that if/when you add in broad match, that you take the time to review the SQR and add negatives on a frequent and continuous basis.

Good luck!

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi Vishnu,

I have ran a Real Estate based account in the past. Here are my learnings from the account:

Your Account Structure can consist of the following types of campaigns:

Brand - Targeting all your brand related themes

You can split the keywords into different adgroups depending on Matchtypes or just your brand name & your domain in all matchtypes. Targeting your Brand is a good idea if it is known one. Even if it is small establishment, in the future, this strategy can help you understand the popularity of your brand.

Flat/Bunglow/Villa/Building/real estate/land/plot Themes - 

Target each of such themes in a different campaign altogether. What this will do is help you understand the potential of each theme on Search. You allocate individual budgets to each of these themes to test their potential more accurately and you can choose to stop any of the themes in the future if they are underperforming or not performing as per your requirements. Again split all of your relevant themes into proper adgroups targeting all matchtypes. Your Broad matchtype keywords are going to be the one that get the most traffic, so you can also give the matchtype based adgroups a try and using bids manage the spends for each matchtype. This is completely upto you.

Generic Themes

Targeting generic themes related to real estate or any relevant theme is a good idea as it can help you reach out to more set of relevant audience. You may want to keep a fixed budget for the generic themes as they tend to spend more due to their generic nature. You can optimize the budgets based on the performance you see once the campaigns starts.

Target Specific Projects

This is also a good strategy if you are tied up with the developers. You will be able to target those customers who are looking specifically for that project and with highly relevant adcopies, you can ensure that they convert on your website.

Location Based Keywords

As mentioned above, targeting location based keywords where you have a keyword like 'flats in xx', xx being a location is a good idea. Users in the research phase tend to search like this and to make them aware of your brand at this stage of their purchase cycle will be beneficial to you in the long run.

Do let me know if this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank

Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thankyou for the valuable replies. I will try it and let you know the results Smiley Happy

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
You are welcome Vishnu!

Keep us updated on this and if you have any further queries as well.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"