AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to create an AdWords campaign in Catalan language?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm a catalan user. My profile language preferences are set to English. When I try to start a campaign, redirects me to Google Spain. The options appear in Spanish. Not a big deal because I also speak the Castilian language.

The problem appears when asking which language would I like for my campaign. The single option is: "Español"

Since the campaign is restricted to Catalonia and we have our own language, the Catalan, I'm quite annoyed  by this fact: being not allowed to choose my own language on my own country.

I would like to point out that Catalan has been an option within Google environment for some years now. Catalan does systematically disappear as option only when driven through Google Spain. The same applies for Google Play language configuration and is quite annoying. I would like to know if this is due global strategy or orchestrated by spanish locals.

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to create an AdWords campaign in Catalan language?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hola Lluís:

It may be that the interface does not give you the option for Catalan, but the campaigns can be written and targeted for Catalan speakers only as you can see from the screenshot...

If your question is whether or not Google should translate the AdWords interface into Catalan, that is a completely different question.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve,

I can't see any screenshot Smiley Happy)

I know it's possible to write your campaign in any language (choose English and write Chinese) but that's not my question. The AdWords form shows a single (and wrong) option:

Language single option

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Apologies - that looks to be AdWords Express.... in that case you have a very good point!

Let me escalate this for you...

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Escalated... let's see the response

Saludos!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Steve!

Salutacions!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google AdWords Catalan Interface:

Interfaç AdWords.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
As I said, is not a matter of interface. I suppose the screenshot is self explanatory and related to individual users wanting to start a campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lluís T, did this ever get resolved? I am also trying to use Catalan for my campaign. Thanks,

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Juliana,

seems nothing has changed. AdWords Express has a single option "Español -> España". AdWords, not the Express and now the default, does not even ask for the language, simply uses Spanish.