AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to create ads that are "stalking" the visitor

Mia
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Mia
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to set up ads that appears to people who have visited certain websites or searched certain keywords. How do I do that and what is that called? Not the regualar adwords where I chose ceratin keywords, more to really follow a visitor that I know have visited relevant websites.

I hope to get some input to get started :-)

Thanks!

/Mia

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to create ads that are "stalking" the visitor

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

What's you're looking for is called "Remarketing". You can find out more about it here.

A couple of points though:

1) You cannot simply select a range of sites to add the remarketing code. It has to be placed on YOUR site.

2) It's not keyword based. The user would have to have landed on a page on your site with the remarketing code so you can RE-MARKET to them.

Finally, I have found that the less you appear as a "stalker", the better your results are.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Mia,

If you have access to the website (any website) and can install the audience code from your Adwords account on the correct pages of the website, you can absolutely set up a Remarketing campaign to target those users.

Hope this helps!

-Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

What's you're looking for is called "Remarketing". You can find out more about it here.

A couple of points though:

1) You cannot simply select a range of sites to add the remarketing code. It has to be placed on YOUR site.

2) It's not keyword based. The user would have to have landed on a page on your site with the remarketing code so you can RE-MARKET to them.

Finally, I have found that the less you appear as a "stalker", the better your results are.

Hope that helps.

Mia
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Mia
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Dave!

I'll look into this. Acutally what I mean is that the services that we provide are only availible to people that are members of a certain association. Therefore I would like to complement a targeted adwords campaign based on keywords with an ad campaign with ads only showing to people who have acutally visitied this organisations website as they are more likely to be a member (or possible member) and able to use our services.

Is there a way to do that? 

Thanks,
Mia 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes, that's exactly the type of situation the feature should be used for.

Here's a setup video guide by Google

Mia
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Mia
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Cool, so I understand how do create remarketing ads to people who have visited our website.

The question though is if it's a way do do this for a website that I do not control? The association (whos visitors I would like to reach) are our partner but it is a separate company and I do now have access to administer their website. Is that possible then?

Thanks for your helo, I really appriciate it!

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
No, there is no way to do that on websites that you do not control.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Mia,

If you have access to the website (any website) and can install the audience code from your Adwords account on the correct pages of the website, you can absolutely set up a Remarketing campaign to target those users.

Hope this helps!

-Tom
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’