AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to create ads for customer email list ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I can't figure out how to create ads targeting customer email list.

As I know customer match is available only for Search Network, Gmail and Youtube.

And if it is not eligible for Display, then how can I create Gmail ads ? 

Confused

1 Expert replyverified_user

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Anet M,

Here you are in a nutshell, just with focus on critical steps: Start to create a new campaign: Click on +CAMPAIGN, then select Display Network only / No marketing objectives / All features. When it comes to that add mail.google.com as a placement to your ad group(s). You are advised not to use gmail campaigns for other purposes so you have a clean household and do not get mixed up with various options. When you need to create and add the ad copies, click + Ad under the Ads tab and go to the Ad Gallery. Next click “Gmail ads” and go ahead as prompted. 

When you are done Google will automatically target your ads to users' gmail accounts and not elsewhere. If you wish you may want to add Customer Match audiences to your targeting methods, using a list of customer emails from users who previously provided their email addresses to your company.

Please go thru the help page linked-to below very carefully. 

***   Create Gmail ads with templates   ***

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6105478

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you @Lakatos very much...

Did all the steps described, but this doesn't work (((

All settings are OK, ads are approves, customer match list is approved and has 3400 members, but the ads don't get impressions...

P.S My main purpose is to show ads to people in my email list.