AdWords
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to create a Click-To-Download Ad for an iBook (iTunes Bookstore) compatible with iOS AND OS X?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a multi-touch iBook for sale on the iTunes Bookstore. It is compatible with iOS devices and OS X. How do I create a Click-to-download Ad that reaches iOS devices AND Mac computer owners? I have found iOS device related instructions but nothing that addresses OS X.

Re: How to create a Click-To-Download Ad for an iBook (iTunes Bookstore) compatible with iOS AND OS

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for reaching out! With Google AdWords, you can advertise your iBook available for purchase and/or direct download in the iTunes Bookstore by creating a mobile click-to-download ad in a campaign targeting devices operating on iOS. This operating system selection would include iPods, iPads, and iPads or basically the entire mobile device Mac family.

When we show your click-to-download advertisement, users are able to download your book from iTunes after clicking on your ad. The process to creating a click-to-download ad is similar to creating a text ad in AdWords, except for your destination and display URLs.

You will want to set your display URL to “itunes.apple.com/” and the destination URL to the full link where the book can be downloaded. To copy the destination URL in iTunes, find the book and select “copy link” from the drop-down menu by the price of the item. When the ad is running, the display URL will show that the book can be downloaded from iTunes rather than “itunes.apple.com.”

Be sure to enable mobile devices in your campaign settings to show appropriately. Here’s a great resource from our AdWords Help Center outlining click-to-download creation https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6309967?hl=en&from=1107950&rd=2

Please let us know if you have any query.

Thanks,
Anand