AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to create Mobile Optimized ads at Ad level

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all.....I have created a campaign with various ad groups. How do i make half of the ads in the adgroup desktop optimized and the other half mobile optimized? I cant seem to do this at either the ad level or the ad group level . It seems you can only do the bid adjustments at campaign level in which case all the ads take on the same bid adjustment? In other words, I am trying to do bid adjustments for individual ads. Would i need to do a new campaign specifically for Mobile? Thanking you in advance

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

You can control device bid adjustments at the adgroup level, just click on the adgroup you want to modify then click on the settings tab, then click on devices. To check device performance, you can segment the campaign into devices by clicking on Segment (next to Filter) and selecting devices. 

https://support.google.com/adwords/editor/answer/30532?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dean..

I am wanting to modify the individual ads within the adgroup (some for mobile, some for desktop). At this stage it seems that i cant choose an ad to be mobile specific and one to be desktop specific. They either all need to be one or another?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

It is not possible after releasing ETA ads. Now same ad content will deliver onto mobile, laptop, or desktop.  

To know more check recent thread on same topic @ https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Performance-Optimization/Mobile-preferred-ETAs/td-p/855064

Hope this helps.

Thanks