5.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to convert account to MMC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A couple of months ago I created a adwords account for a client of mine. In the meanwhile I am getting more requests for managing campaignd and I would like to switch to google multicenter. If I try to open account it says my email address is already in use for adwords but I don't really whicht to ceate another email address, I already have soo many:-) And when I log on with this address i have access to all my other services.

Is there a way to 'converrt' the existing account? I tried removing myself as manager but that didn't work.

I hope I manage to explain it well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bianca

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: How to convert account to MMC

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Bianca,

As far as I know you can't convert your "old adwords e-mail address"  to your MCC login.

You need to open a new email address (gmail = free) and link all your old adwords accounts under the new MCC.

Good luck,

Asaf

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Asaf is right, it's not possible to convert an AdWords account to an AdWords MCC directly. But I would try this workaround.

Let's say your current AdWords account is associated with the e-mail address bianca@gmail.com. Add a new user as admin to your existing AdWords account. To avoid handling multiple e-mail accounts use bianca+account-name@gmail.com as e-mail address. The + allows you to create an alias and you don't need to manage a new inbox. All messages will be automatically forwarded to bianca@gmail.com. Then login to your AdWords account with the new user and determine the access for bianca@gmail.com. The ownership of the AdWords account will move from one user to the other. Afther this, bianca@gmail.com won't be associated with an AdWords account anymore and can be used to create a MCC. Attach the AdWords account to the new MCC.

Martin

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Bianca,

As far as I know you can't convert your "old adwords e-mail address"  to your MCC login.

You need to open a new email address (gmail = free) and link all your old adwords accounts under the new MCC.

Good luck,

Asaf

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Asaf is right, it's not possible to convert an AdWords account to an AdWords MCC directly. But I would try this workaround.

Let's say your current AdWords account is associated with the e-mail address bianca@gmail.com. Add a new user as admin to your existing AdWords account. To avoid handling multiple e-mail accounts use bianca+account-name@gmail.com as e-mail address. The + allows you to create an alias and you don't need to manage a new inbox. All messages will be automatically forwarded to bianca@gmail.com. Then login to your AdWords account with the new user and determine the access for bianca@gmail.com. The ownership of the AdWords account will move from one user to the other. Afther this, bianca@gmail.com won't be associated with an AdWords account anymore and can be used to create a MCC. Attach the AdWords account to the new MCC.

Martin

gd
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
gd
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MartinAssmann wrote:

Martin

i just found your message above and it works great......i have been trying to work that one out for ages.

im just getting my head around adwords ect and doing the training.

thanks again

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Worked! Thanks so much!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

After you've explained it looks quite simple, really, but the truth is I was going around in circles and your post really helped me out a lot.

A world of thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the work-around, I've seen this before but I don't get the "name+Account-name@gmail.com", I can't get that to work when trying to use the email to create the account in Adwords after accepting the request.  What am I missing?  thanks

Dan

".. bianca+account-name@gmail.com as e-mail address. .. Then login to your AdWords account with the new user and determine the access for bianca@gmail.com... "

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Great! Thank you! :-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you sooo much! Woman Very Happy Great instruction! And it was soo simple. You've just made my day.

N/A
# 10
N/A

Hi everybody,

Doesn't seem to work anymore. When I'm logged with the second fake account, I'm not able to revoke accesses of the initial account (even if Admin rights are applied to the 2nd account).

Any idea why ?

Kind regards