AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to change website listing under Google Maps?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello.

I am having a problem regarding a Google Maps listing that is on Google searches right now.

When I look up myself to see where I am on the search today, I see a listing that says:

[my company]

sites.google.com

1 Google Review

The problem is that I changed my website domain and url, and it isn't adjusting into this specific listing, even though I've inputted it into the Google Maps listing on my account.

Does anyone know the problem?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul N
September 2015

Re: How to change website listing under Google Maps?

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your question. Maps isn't my personal area of expertise but based on my research, you should be able to change it in your Google Places account. Here are the ways to correct your local business listing. There are instructions to change your URL and verify your site

I hope that helps. Please let me know if that works I would be more than happy to research another option for you. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul N
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your question. Maps isn't my personal area of expertise but based on my research, you should be able to change it in your Google Places account. Here are the ways to correct your local business listing. There are instructions to change your URL and verify your site

I hope that helps. Please let me know if that works I would be more than happy to research another option for you. 

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

If problem persist you may want to visit "Google and Your Business" forum.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you. It hasn't changed yet, but hopefully it will soon.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Did you ever get a resolution?

I've been trying to update my website information for four days and it keeps "reverifying" the old (soon to be shut off) website. Ug!

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

You may of course reference this older thread in your new post, if you wish.

Thank you.