AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to change my currency type

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was stationed in Korea when I setup my Adwords account and it set the account up with Korean Won. My question is how do I change my currency to US dollars?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Dennis,

You cannot change your currency, which is used for billing and reporting purposes. AdWords allows just one currency over the life of the account.

If you want to change your currency, you need to create a new AdWords account with the preferred currency and cancel the previous account.

To know more:

Change your language, time zone, and other AdWords account settings

Setting up currency and time zone

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Aslam

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Archit (Top Contributor)
June 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Dennis,

You cannot change your currency, which is used for billing and reporting purposes. AdWords allows just one currency over the life of the account.

If you want to change your currency, you need to create a new AdWords account with the preferred currency and cancel the previous account.

To know more:

Change your language, time zone, and other AdWords account settings

Setting up currency and time zone

Hope this will help.

Thanks,

Aslam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can this be confirmed as true, we have a pretty big USD cashflow during the XMAS period but need to pay in EUROs for most of the year as that is our main currency that we operate in.

Seems a little unhelpful when we are talking large sums of money to just say "NO" to a solution that helps your customers

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Currency is not something AdWords allows to be changed as it affects the historical data of the entire account. It is locked at the creation of the account and provides a warning of such at that time. 

Kind Regards,

James