1.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to change exact match settings in adwords keyword planner

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google adwords planner is showing exact match searches for all keywords, How can I change it to Broad/Phrase match.

Please advise.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnkitAg
September 2015

Re: How to change exact match settings in adwords keyword planner

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

>> "Note

Keep in mind that historical stats like average monthly searches are only shown for exact match. For example, let's say your keyword is dark chocolate. If you want to check that keyword's average monthly searches, we'll show you the same exact match stats whether you use a broad, phrase, or exact match type with dark chocolate. Traffic estimates like clicks and cost, on the other hand, do take into account keyword match types. For example, if you get estimates for a list of broad match keywords, we'll take into account any overlap between those keywords."

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3022575

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey,

Go to https://adwords.google.com/ko/KeywordPlanner/Home?__u=6279660502&__c=7317727582

Then -> Get search volume for a list of keywords or group them into ad groups -> Type as below

"Keyword" = For Phrase Match
[Keyword] = For Exact Match
Keyword = Broad Match

Best of Luck!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, I tried this, It is still showing the exact match searches Man Embarassed

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Can you show me screen shot or Process?

I think you are not selecting for groups, that's why it is showing a single result.

http://www.google.com/sktool/
What would you like to do? : Select 2nd Option which is (Get search volume for a list of keywords or group them into ad groups)

keyword planner.JPG

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm using the same method as shown by you in the screenshot.

Still showing the exact match data. Have a look at the screenshot, I tried to find all three Broad, Phrase and Exact match searches for the same keyword but it is showing the same number of searches for all three

adwords.jpg

I have not applied any filters, searching it with default settings except the location which is changed to India, am I still doing something wrong?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

You are not doing anything wrong, Even I tried with same keywords mentioned in your screenshot with India and it's showing same output. Let me invite others here.

@MosheTLV , @pankaj1782 Can you help here?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author AnkitAg
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

>> "Note

Keep in mind that historical stats like average monthly searches are only shown for exact match. For example, let's say your keyword is dark chocolate. If you want to check that keyword's average monthly searches, we'll show you the same exact match stats whether you use a broad, phrase, or exact match type with dark chocolate. Traffic estimates like clicks and cost, on the other hand, do take into account keyword match types. For example, if you get estimates for a list of broad match keywords, we'll take into account any overlap between those keywords."

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3022575

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Moshe.....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks MosheTLV for the clarification, I was actually comparing my keyword searches to a report extracted almost 18 months back. There is a huge difference in the no. of searches and that's why I came here to discuss the same.

Anyway, thanks again for your help,

Now it simply means that Google won't show you broad/phrase match searches anymore Man Wink