AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to associate Specific keywords to Specific Ads ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Can anyone please help me how to associate specific keywords to specific ads in ad group.?

In detail, I have created a campaign --Under this campaign  --I have created and Ad group --and I have created 6 ads under that Ad group.

I have also searched and saved keywords in campaign.. But, I could not understand how to associate specific keywords to specific ads (6 ads). Please tell me the process.

Regards

Sowmya

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to associate Specific keywords to Specific Ads ?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Sowmya,

Unfortunately, there is now way to trigger a specific ad to a specific keyword. AdWords generally pick the best relevant ad to trigger for a particular search query/keyword.

You can not trigger an ad to a particulat keyword. Better you can write more relevant and appealing ads to your keywords list.

Thanks!

Anand Vishwakarma

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Sowmya,

To achieve what you want to do you would need to create more AdGroups with the ads specific to those keywords in them.

Google will generally rotate between your 6 ads and (depending on your settings) start to show the one with a better CTR more often.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 4
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

If your adwords and analytics are linked you can actually do this.

• Navigate to Traffic sources >> Advertising >> Adwords >> Keywords >> 
  • Click on Secondary dimension
  • Choose Ad content from drop down

Done

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Within an ad group there are ads and keywords.

Any of the ads can trigger any of the keywords.

If you want keyword 1 to trigger only ad 1 then you need to place these in a separate ad group with just the one keyword and one ad... you then also need to make sure that this keyword is not present in your other ad groups - perhaps the best way to do this would be to add it as a negative keyword to all other ad groups. I this way keyword 1 will only be present in the new ad group and only able to trigger ad 1 since this would be the only ad in the group.