AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to assign an ad to a adgroup

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I have 4 different ad groups within 1 campaign. I have multiple ads created as well. How do I assign an ad to a specific adgroup?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carl K
September 2015

Re: How to assign an ad to a adgroup

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Carl, Ads are automatically assigned to the Ad Group within which they're created - there's no way to create an Ad that isn't assigned to a Group.  If you click on your Campaign, then the Ad Group, then the Ads tab in the main window, you'll see which Ad is in which Group.  Or you can click simply on the "Ads" tab and all the Ads will be shown, with their Ad Group shown in a column next to them.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Carl K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Carl, Ads are automatically assigned to the Ad Group within which they're created - there's no way to create an Ad that isn't assigned to a Group.  If you click on your Campaign, then the Ad Group, then the Ads tab in the main window, you'll see which Ad is in which Group.  Or you can click simply on the "Ads" tab and all the Ads will be shown, with their Ad Group shown in a column next to them.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Carl K,

Yes there is a way to create an Ad that isn't assigned to a Group. 

By saying "I have multiple ads created as well" are you reffering to the fact that you have saved Ads in the Shared library, and those are currently not assigned to an ad group ?