1.5K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to apply offer code for managed account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've had an AdWords account for a while, just opened a MCC account to manage AdWords accounts for local businesses.

I created a campaign for a local author, but I cannot apply an offer code to his account because the billing option is for my account.

Do I have to open a separate AdWords account for him and somehow link it to my MCC? 

There seems to be so many moving parts to this - Google for Agencies, MCC, AdWords, AdSense ... I'm getting confused!

Thanks for any advice.

Re: How to apply offer code for managed account

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi there,

A My Client Center is essentially an umbrella that houses client accounts under it. The main purpose is so that you can login to AdWords with one email address and then you can click through to the accounts you manage.

Unless you're using invoicing, there is no billing structure associated with an MCC. All the billing information is on the client account level. So you would still apply any offer codes on the client account level.

Just sign into your MCC --> click into the client account --> click on the Billing tab --> click on the 'More actions' button and select to apply a promotional code.

Hope that helps! Let me know if I can clarify anything.