AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to advertising on torrent sites via Display Advertising?

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

How to advertising on torrent sites via Display Advertising? Is it Possible to target torrent sites?

4 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to advertising on torrent sites via Display Advertising?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmm... Interesting question...
I don't think so because Torrent sites  violate copyrights and hence cannot take part in the AdSense program... But I might be wrong....

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello,

Did you actually try using the Display Planner (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3056115?hl=en) and see what details you get when try for these kind of torrent sites to target your audiences?

Reason being that you won't get the specific details around any one category. There are many websites under Google Display Network and they keep on adding from time to time. So you need to actually utilize the tool called Display Planner and come out with the finding. I actually tried this and entered term torrent and got different sort of placements.

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pankaj, I already used that tool but i have never seen Google Ads on Torrent sites, so i am just worried about can we target torrent websites or not. Let me know is it possible or not.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Rachit, 

You cannot target Torrent websites through Google AdWords. Such websites violate copyright policies in broad day light. They fail to meet Adsense guidelines, hence don't run Google Ads. 

Putting it simple, a website which is not an ad publisher for Google, cannot be targeted through AdWords. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ratan, Thanks for updating us. Would you have any link for that reference, so that i can review the same.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Rachit, there are many threads on Adsense forum on the similar topic. Here you go -

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/adsense/torrent

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
This nine month old thread has been closed to new replies.