AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to advertise with AdWords if I'm in a taxi business?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What are the best ad words to create a taxi advert

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Taxi

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
An interesting question....

most people looking for a taxi are going to either use "taxi" or "cab" and there's going to be quite a lot of competition on those words... so you're going to need to be cute in terms of how you limit your traffic...

Here are a couple of ideas - I'm sure others will come in and contribute more.

If you are going to be able to respond to a request, the person searching is going to have to be within your catchment area. So the first thing to do is to set your geo targeting tightly around the areas you service.

A lot of people running the search will be on a mobile phone, so make sure that your site is mobile friendly and also make sure you have call extensions activated so that searchers can click to call.

Then in addition to your core keywords, develop keyword phrases around your geo location - so if you are in Chelsea, make sure you have keyword phrases that include Chelsea.

As for the ad copy - also think about including the town names - people looking for a taxi are more likely to spot the name of their town (in the same way as we can spot our name quickly in a list). Mention your advantages - do you have disabled service? Are you working 24hrs? (if you are not be sure to set your scheduling). Do you have a larger cab for groups of 6 or 7? All these things can make your ad stand out - if I need a larger cab foir a group, for example, I'll call you rather than a competitor who doesn't mention it (even though he may offer it)

And in addition to the scheduling, think about bid adjustments.... is there a lot of business in your location around the end of business hours? Or when the local pubs close? Use bid adjustments to increase your bids at these times to beat the competition...

Re: Taxi

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi jay g, if you are in UK taxi hire

I couldn't agree more with stickleback.

Possible Keywords :
taxi cab in (city name) or (city name) taxi or (city name) taxi cab
taxi cab (city name) etc
taxi cab at (city name) etc

Try connecting a google places account to your ad words so that it will produce a Google map link in your add also.

Off course in your case don't forget call extensions different in mobile and desktops & tablets

If you are targeting a city where Google can targets only the city area this should be a good set in the Locations Targeted section in Settings.
e.g. Target only London .

Dont forget Keyword Insertion in your adds so that you will catch all the areas you are targeting .

e.g. of a text add  :

Taxi Driver in {Keyword:Your City Name}
Ready 2 call a taxi in {Keyword:City Center}?
We are here & ready to drive you
www.taxidomain.com/TaxiIn(Keyword:Your city name)

Good Luck !

George Gemenetzis
Don't forget to Star or credit an answer as an AdWords Accepted Solution if it helped you.

Re: How to advertise with AdWords if I'm in a taxi business?

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

This is a very interesting debate. I would only add to your already greate advice the following :

1) Buy or develop a taxi app that can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or join one that is already world-wide popular like these :

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hailocab.consumer&hl=en

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=taxi.android.client

[Edit] Promote the App with AdWords using mobile app extensions. [end edit]

2) Use AdWords Express in paralel with AdWords standard , or at first just the AdWords Express if you do not have a website or cannot have someone do the management of the account.

https://support.google.com/adwords/express/answer/1040967?hl=en

3) Make a Google plus page to allow clients to give you positive reviews and associate it with the Ads.

Re: How to advertise with AdWords if I'm in a taxi business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jay g,

I am managing Adwords for multiple taxi companies.

Try creating a user friendly and responsive page for Book Online and add book online page in Sitelinks (Ad Extension) you will have more clicks and conversions.

How to advertise with AdWords if I'm in a taxi business?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hallo everyone!

this is a good question, and possible to put it in my business, and i want to insert my problem if this is OK for you mam?

this is my problem everyday to find the answer how to adjust my business in the web.

i have two interested content that i put it in my blog site and its too hard to connect the two, here's (1. im taxi driver, 2. is my family business) , but the first 1st is my source of income and the 2nd is i want to help my family. any more advice how to solve this problem or i stop the 2nd business, and focus the 1st?

thanks you! (=