Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to add a keyword for a app install

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have an app install display network only campaign running, lets say in theory my app is a rival to another popular app, I would like to add the other apps name as a keyword to my campaign, first off is this allowed?, and secondly I believe I found the correct place to add the keyword, however I received the message: "This operation is not supported by this campaign"

Just to clarify, when a user performs a search in the playstore, I'm wanting my app to show up under this keyword. Is this possible with this campaign and how can I do it?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Well... This should  work... Can you upload a screenshot?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

certianly here you go:

https://imghost.io/image/aGfDC

I also tried creating a search network only campaign, and that had no issue with adding keywords, so perhaps display network does not support this?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Interesting...

Remove the keyword and try a different one

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’