4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to Target Windows OS Only on GDN?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
How do I target windows desktop only? So far, i was able to eliminate mobile via mobile bid adjustment. But I can't figure out how to 1) cut tablet traffic 2) cut out iOS and other non-windows traffic from desktop Any ideas?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Target Windows OS Only on GDN?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Taewoo, how are things?

You should be able to have somethings under your campaigns setting over "Device: target selected mobile devices and tablets". I don't think you will achieve all you want, but it will give a hand for sure.

Regarding tablets, far as I know, Desktop and Tablets run together and there're no separated configs for it as there's for mobile, so you wouldn't be able to remove tablet completely.

Display have a lot of cool features, but it doesn't give that much in-depth filters. For more specific filters like that, maybe you should some 3rd party service that connect with the Display Network, but have their own system for filters.

Hope this helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Leandro Yeah i got the mobile thing fixed.. but i dont see (desktop) OS targeting. Where is this found?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
There's no OS filters for Display far as I know, so you cannot exclude iOS traffic. Your ad will show for both Windows and iOS users.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Desktop OS targeting can only be requested by the client’s account manager. It allows advertisers to focus their spend on users that meet the requirements of the products being sold. It is available only to advertisers of desktop or web applications that only work on specific OS.

This targeting allows an advertiser to either target (or exclude) a specific OS. However, this functionality is NOT available through the AdWords Front End, and is enabled through the back-end by the engineering team for specific user cases only.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’