AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to I update/change the url destination?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My landing page has changed, so the target url has changed. When I go to my account, and click to edit the ad, paste in the new url, I get a red number (characters), and nothing changes/works.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Sounds like you are using the old/traditional 95 character search ad format.  Google is no longer accepting changes, or new ads in the old format.  You'll need to re-enter it as an expanded 140 character text ad (ETA).  There are articles about ETA "best practices" in these forums. 

It's worth the effort, the new format performs better in most all campaigns, as long as you follow the best practices guidelines.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

@Jay T in search campaigns you can quickly change final URL on keyword level, just choose needed keywords and use "edit" button

Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Hi @Jay T,

In addition to the suggestions by Steve and Alexey, If you are looking for the bulk changes then please go through the similar thread.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’