1.8K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to Disable "Tablets with full browsers" in Campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is very expensive for me to advertise in this device, can I disable that option in my campaign?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How to Disable "Tablets with full browsers" in Campaign

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Jean,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. To answer your question about excluding tablets, this is not possible at this time. 

You can however use bid adjustments to disable all mobile devices in your campaign. Please check out this Community thread article on how to do this: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Disable-add-mobile-devices-and-tablets/m-p/139238...

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Jean,

Thank you for posting on our Community forum. To answer your question about excluding tablets, this is not possible at this time. 

You can however use bid adjustments to disable all mobile devices in your campaign. Please check out this Community thread article on how to do this: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/Disable-add-mobile-devices-and-tablets/m-p/139238...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
this is not a reply to the question or indeed a solution. At present Google DO NOT allow this functionality inside adwords campaigns and only allow mobile bid to be reduced. this means advertising on Tablets with Full browsers is compulsory currently - very poor for the advertiser and very profitable for Google....... (:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Agreed. This is very bad. We have wasted thousands of dollars because we are forced to market to "Tablets with full browsers" but our software product doesn't support these devices. This is a waste of our marketing money. We are now forced to disable the whole campaign so as not to waste any more money.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes not very happy about this at all. I really don't see why there isn't this option for business that have software that does not support tablets.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am sure that no-one at google realised how frustrating it is to highlight a thread as "Solved" in huge type when the "Solution" is that there is no current solution to the OP's post  and we have to pay money to advertise to devices that can't possibly use the software we sell is maddening. This facility has been removed in the last year as it used to be possible to exclude tablets.

From the look of this thread there isn't a chance that this will be responded to!

We raised this issue with Google directly in the Summer- and our rep replied that it was odd and they would look into it- we never got a reply.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There are 1000s of situations when a business would benefit from a separate Tablet bidding.
Let businesses decide for themselves how they bid on a particular device. Don't force. It's feels to be against the overall Google policy.
The same goes to "Search partners". Let businesses target it separately.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can't... Have no method to avoid this...which is unhappy thing for all of us. Google Adwords should do something to improve this

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Pro tip: submit an SWF ad, it will only run on Desktop. No mobile, or tablet. You're welcome.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Tablets have doubled for us since January 1, going from 10-12% to 25% or more. Completely garbage traffic. Google knows it, yet they do nothing.