AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to Create a Search advertisement for a Search engine in Google adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to know how i can create an advertisement for my search engine website in google adwords for an example the website is http://www.wow.com Which is meta search engine But when ever i search for something their ads shows in google, How they did it do we have to create a Campaign or an adgroup for everything list of keywords or this is done automatically some one please let me know how this is done.

Thank you.!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author john s
January 2017

Re: How to Create a Search advertisement for a Search engine in Google adwords?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @John S,

You should read this information about landing page experience in AdWords. I think you have some challenges in this since you are a search engine that brings people in to read content, click your ads, and click on words within articles that go to endless other websites outside of your web. I think you will hit on the Insufficient Original Content policy, which would bring a quick suspension to your AdWords account. 

Content that is designed for the primary purpose of showing ads
  • Examples: Driving traffic (whether through "arbitrage" or otherwise) to destinations with more ads than original content, little or no original content, or excessive advertising
Content that is replicated from another source without adding value in the form of original content or additional functionality
  • Examples: Mirroring, framing, or scraping content from another source
Landing pages that are solely designed to send users elsewhere
  • Examples: Bridge, doorway, gateway, or other intermediate pages

In essence, I do not think you can use AdWords at all. Not all websites are ideal candidates for AdWords. I have seen similar websites to yours attempt it and get hours of activity before being suspended. One made it 1.5 days... others made it mere hours. 

Kind Regards,

James

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author john s
January 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @John S,

You should read this information about landing page experience in AdWords. I think you have some challenges in this since you are a search engine that brings people in to read content, click your ads, and click on words within articles that go to endless other websites outside of your web. I think you will hit on the Insufficient Original Content policy, which would bring a quick suspension to your AdWords account. 

Content that is designed for the primary purpose of showing ads
  • Examples: Driving traffic (whether through "arbitrage" or otherwise) to destinations with more ads than original content, little or no original content, or excessive advertising
Content that is replicated from another source without adding value in the form of original content or additional functionality
  • Examples: Mirroring, framing, or scraping content from another source
Landing pages that are solely designed to send users elsewhere
  • Examples: Bridge, doorway, gateway, or other intermediate pages

In essence, I do not think you can use AdWords at all. Not all websites are ideal candidates for AdWords. I have seen similar websites to yours attempt it and get hours of activity before being suspended. One made it 1.5 days... others made it mere hours. 

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi James,

I don`t know how to thank you for this one, you have saved
my account from this thing after reading this i understood what went wrong
and i will make sure this things never happens again.

Thank you!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @John S,

You are very welcome... I am happy to be of help. 

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How other meta search engine are doing their business, infirmationvine.com etc.?

i believe google does allow it because I have seen many ads are running for meta searches