Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to Build a Successful Campaign for Portals / E-Commerce Websites

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Good Morning Everyone,

I want to know How to Build a Successful Campaign for Portals / E-Commerce Websites which targets all over the country with having minimum of 50 Products.

Thanks,

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Build a Successful Campaign for Portals / E-Commerce Websit

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Vignesh,

Welcome to the Community!

You can go with Search as well as shopping campaigns in this case. Based on how different each product is from the other, I'd suggest creating one ad group per product, with appropriate ads and keywords. This would give you the campaign structure. In case you have a different budget requirement for a few products, you can create a new campaign for and create one ad group for each of them. I'd also recommend a Shopping Campaign for eCommerce websites. More about shopping campaigns here

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Sumanth.

Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the Reply Sumanth. Can you please tell in detail like how to target individual location for individual products, individual location for multiple products and what will be good campaign structure for this?

Thanks,
Vignesh M S

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

In addition to what has been said above, think of your AdWords account like your website and try to replicate the same inside your account in terms of different campaigns you want to create. For example if you have different categories of products, you might think of creating separate campaigns based on different categories and so on and so forth...I would encourage you to read this help center reference for more details: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375470?hl=en

I am not sure which country you want to target because location targeting settings are different for different countries in a way that for some you can target city level, for some you can even target zip codes (like US) etc...

Also, take into consideration which products are more important from ROI perspective and you might consider targeting them exclusively.

Shopping campaigns are definitely important and you might use them to showcase your ads better.

AdWords has been launching various new advanced methodologies. For example the latest are Ad Customizers (http://adwords.blogspot.in/2014/12/use-ad-customizers-to-gear-up-for-your.html) and you can use them for bulk offers and other things.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj