Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How to BLOCK games site from Display Campaigns

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello.

I already EXCLUDE games sites from my campaigns. Anyways, I still recieving traffic from games sites. 

Display dimensions is showing me site that have games content and also games domain names.

How can I stop recieng this traffic? Is killing me.

I block them manuall every time a see a games site, but there a lot of new ones per day.

Thnks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Isadora R
September 2015

Re: How to BLOCK games site from Display Campaigns

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Sort  placements by impressions, You will find the that Pareto principle is valid here too:   80% of the impressions you wish to exclude,  are shown on 20% of the irrelevant sites. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi

You could exclude topics (e.g. Games) on a display campaign.
See instructions here;
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2456096?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
MosheTLV, as I said on my post, "I already EXCLUDE games sites from my campaigns".

Games site still showing my ads.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Are those apps?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
no apps.

Campaign topic exclusions: Games

also I exclude this:

Site category options:
- GMob mobile app non-interstitial
- In-game

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
all sites with games, flash games, etc.

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

I wish google had a wildcard definition of the URL to be excluded so we could simply exclude www.*game*.* to get rid of all the money eating sites.

I would recommend also to Exclude keywords "game", "games", "gaming" and other possible variations.

I have also excluded always the Interest category : "Other audiences :Games" and the "Affinity audiences ( Reach) : Gamers" to avoid impressions from users who spend their time on game sites.

add-interests-games.png

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I can not believe it how display network is sending me 80% traffic from games site.

I exclude that kind of keywords but still sending traffic.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Isadora R
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Sort  placements by impressions, You will find the that Pareto principle is valid here too:   80% of the impressions you wish to exclude,  are shown on 20% of the irrelevant sites.