AdWords
6.9K members online now
6.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How the Display Network decides which ad will appear?

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hello friends!

I have a question about the display network!

I know that the search network decides which ad will appear by calculating the ad rank (Ad Rank = Bid x QS), where the QS and Bid are the QualityScore and the Bid of the keyword that matched the search querry.

My doubt is: and what about the display network?

So, I have the following questions:

1) How the "display network keywords" works? How they relate to the channels?

2) In the search network, if a keyword have a low CTR the QS goes down, affecting the performance of the ad for that keyword. What are the impacts of a channel that have a low CTR?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How the Display Network decides which ad will appear?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The DN still has AdRank. You still have a QS on the DN, and you still have a max CPC, and those are still used to determine AdRank. The big difference is that on the DN, you never see that QS. The QS will change according to the web site on which your ad appears.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,

I am a little bit confused. Does facebook and google signed an advertising partnership? Here's what i got from my GDN campaign. It has 8 impressions.

google ads on facebook.jpg

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If you run a search for finding a placement like facebook it will show you what it is not the entire facebook, it's some games that run on facebook and they don't have much traffic either compared to the entire facebook platform.

facebook-placement.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's good to know. Thanks Adrian!

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

If you want to promote a service for young people through a social media partner in Adwords , this one has the highest traffic , you can compare the impression/cookie ratio from the placement before is 2/1 and this one is 250/1 , meaning that users are less active on the facebook placement.

meetme-traffic.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Maybe it sounds stupid, but i don't want to die that way, what tool did you use to post this images? Is it the Display Ad Planner Tool?

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Sorry I forgot to mention this, Display Planner, location target US , english language, after you write facebook.com it provides a few examples and you can click on them to get this detail.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again!