3.3K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How should I structure my Adwords account

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am creating Adwords for a dementia long-term care facility. They provide overall dementia care and Alzheimer's care. To put in context, Alzheimer's is a type of dementia. M question is:  If they basically provide one service. Dementia care-- because remember, Alzheimer's is a type of dementia, should I create just one campaign? And 3 adgroups

1) Alzheimer's 

2) Dementia

3) memory care 

...and just have one ad for each. I just don't see the need for multiple ads... am I wrong? The budget is $800 a month. Low compared to other advertisers. Most advertisers are either senior care directory facilities such as a place for mom or large chains like Brookdale. They're running 20,000 plus AdWords according to spyfu

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How should I structure my Adwords account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Hector,

I would create one campaign, 3 ad groups, and 3-5 ads per ad group. Keep everything on topic and make sure each ad group has a specific, dedicated landing page url that stays on topic, too. 

• Tip: never operate AdWords with just one ad. The system needs more to best serve you ...and you need more to best optimize your performance. Ads are very important to your success.
  •  Tip: Spyfu is often way off their projections.
  •  Tip: Be sure to utilize the Google AdWords Best Practices guide

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Kind Regards,

James

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks that advice helps a bunch

Regarding keywords, since we are in such a tight budget I dont want to get too many clicks that won't convert I decided to do the following. 

1)Another q is, I am geo-targeting Des Moines in Adwords location targeting-- do I still need to add des Moines to my keywords?

2) I am planning to exact match all keywords, because again, I don't want to get ads that won't convert.. that a good idea??

[dementia care facility]
[dementia care facilities]
[dementia long term care]
[private dementia facility] 
[private dementia facilities]
[standalone memory care facility]
[standalone memory care facilities]
[private dementia facility]
[dementia care facility des moines]
[dementia care facilities des moines]
[dementia long term care des moines]
[private dementia facility des moines]
[private dementia facilities des moines]
[standalone memory care facility des moines]
[standalone memory care facilities des moines]
[private dementia facility des moines]

Thanks!!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Hector,

You are very welcome.

I would add at least one keyword with des moines in each ad group but I would not add des moines to each keyword.

And I would go with exact match keywords, which should make the most of your budget.The thing with AdWords is that it needs to operate to be optimized. So you will want to crank it up and then adjust keywords (look at keyword search terms) and adjust as needed. Negative keywords are really important to master.

I would look over the account 4-6 times per day for the first few weeks. Treat it like a new born baby just arriving from the hospital. As time goes on, things will settle down a bit and the system will help you by making suggestions. 

Make sure you use ad extensions. Use them all, if possible. These are important. 

Remember that quality score is going to determine your cost to perform in the live auction. This means that your ads need to be tightly aligned with your landing page url. And these both need to be tightly aligned with your keywords. And your keywords need to be used/discussed within the webpages used for the ads... and your ads need to include elements of your keywords/url content.

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

An additional note to the comprehensive answer @J Clemens gave:

You are promoting a sensetive  health care topic. Make sure that you fully comply with the health-care Policy (e.g post clearly all regulatory certifications, do not promote any  Alzheimer's drug...etc....)

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

I thought you were selling Pizza? 

The big mistake you are making is assuming. If you have no data, you have no way to know that these exact match terms are of any value. If Alzheimer's patients make up the majority of residents, then don't assume that users aren't searching for Alzheimer's related terms. They could be searching for 'assisted living', etc., without qualifying the specific type of facility they are looking for. Maybe users are searching for a "home" not a "facility"...

You have to find out what your target market is actually searching for, regardless of whether they are using the "correct" technical terminology or not. Find those search terms, use those terms as targeted KW's, and make sure to use that language in your ad copy. 

Tom

Highlighted

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I used the term "pizza" to switch it up. Hehehe

What are good ways to learning what terms people are really searching for ??

thanks!!

Experts in the Topic
James_Clemens
MosheTLV