4.6K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How much will my campain cost?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I am a youtuber from India and i just started my Youtube Channel.  Right now i don't have many subscribers and views on my video. I've decided to Promote my video but im confused how the Adwords work.

Lets Suppose if i choose a Rs.600 (10$ Aproxx) campaign to promote my video, how much the bidding cost should i put on? Is google going to charge me that amount once or will it deduct $10 every day? 

I am a new youtuber so i don't want to take any risks, i cannot pay huge bills so im just making sure that how many views will i get in that $10 range and i hope thats one time bill. I don't want to get huge bills, so please someone guide me through how to have a small, risk-free campaign that runs for 1-2 days and ends up automatically.

Thankyou

Re: How much will my campain cost?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tanvir,

Welcome to the adwords community. AS a new advertiser I would advise starting here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3374694?hl=en&ref_topic=3119071

That being said. You can choose how much you are willing to pay for a click as well as set up your daily/monthly budget. You can even specifiy a campaign budget that runs until it is exhausted or certain dates are reached. Adwords will not charge you a daily rate. but per click or view or impressions depending on your set up. So if you do not get any clicks you do not get charged.

A word of caution though, Make sure that you understand the platform really well. If you do not your small budget will be used quickly and likely with very few desirable results.

Good Luck

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
To promote your youtube video and channel, you should start video campaign. You can go there - https://adwords.google.com/video/ and follow the simple instruction to create your video campaign.
You will be charged "pay per view" , i.e. when someone view your video .
Budget of Rs.600/day is maximum budget that you are willing to pay. Google will deduct money for each qualified view upto a maximum of Rs.600.
So your daily spend can be anything less than Rs.600.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tanvir,

Great advice given already. Definitely get familiarized with AdWords and how ads are shown on the search network. Do some research

When you are ready to make your first campaign, start with one or two keywords that would relate the content of your youtube video to a person performing a search. Set max cost per click to the least possible amount. You can increase this amount later if it proves too low. This will keep your clicks down considerably, but of course you won't spend more than your budget.

In short:
1. Learn the basics of AdWords
2. Do some keyword research to find a good balance between traffic and competition (how many times a person uses a particular search keyword and how many other advertisers are bidding on that keyword)
3. Create your campaign (with very, very few keywords, one or two of them)
4. Monitor and adjust
5. Ask question in this forum, on some of the Google Plus communities, etc.
6. Learn and iterate and learn and iterate and learn... :-)

You will have lots of control over your AdWords account, but getting the fundamentals understood will go along way in making every click count.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
In regards to making sure you do not exceed your budget you may want to consider creating your AdWords account and setting it to the "Prepay" option. This means you pay Google in advance and when the money is gone they will stop showing ads. I usually don't recommend this because it requires making sure you always have funds available, but it an easy way to not have to "worry" about it.

As for success in promoting your video, make sure you focus on what makes sense for your content. You might want to think about using targeted video placements where you tell what videos you want Google to show your video ad on. If they are popular and relevant this can help stretch your budget further and hopefully get you better results and only using the keywords targeting.

Good luck!