AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How much time does it takes to determine QS?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to know how much time it takes for google to determine a keywords quality score for a new keyword or keywords that are in the Account.

Thank you

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How much time does it takes to determine QS?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Roey
Quality Score is actually determined at the exact moment a search is made that will/could trigger your ad. The QS values that you see in your account are not "real time".

The QS of new keywords that have not generated any impressions yet are based on averages from your account and to be honest, it's not very accurate until you generate at least one impression.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Roey,

When you add any keywords that time you have available quality score. For check the quality score you need to add column (if not added) from:
click to column -> Modify column -> select metric -> attributes -> Qual. score & save.
but the QA is not accurate.

After some time when you start to getting some impression and clicks then you find accurate quality score for your keywords.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Good morning.

In addition to the good responses already posted, I wanted to add specifically that quality score is not fixed.  It changes all the time, and can change several times in the course of a single day, depending on how many ad auctions your account competes in.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
One more point to add about QS to great answers above - sometimes it can be not big but still can be alright because based on the niche and target locations average QS is different, so you might have 6 and all your competitors have not have higher one.
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’