AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How much do I pay for a keyword does not have a suggested bid

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am searching for keywords. I am doing keyword research and have set my location to Iowa. I'm seeing certain suggested bids are zero dollars. Yet some of them have competition associated with them.

How much am I going to end up paying for those keywords whose suggested bids are $0.00?? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hector C
April 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If you don't use a bid for the keyword, it will be inherited from the ad group. What suggest is set something you are comfortable with. If you have other similar keywords that do show a suggested bid, you can do something in that ballpark. Then, once you have data, adjust it as needed.

Once you have the keywords in there, Google will generally give you an estimate for first page bids, top of page bids, and 1st position bids. Once those show up (I've seen it show fast, other times 24-48 hours), you can have a better idea as it's more tailored to your account.

You find those estimates at the keyword level. You will need to add the columns.

Best of luck,

David

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hector C
April 2017

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

If you don't use a bid for the keyword, it will be inherited from the ad group. What suggest is set something you are comfortable with. If you have other similar keywords that do show a suggested bid, you can do something in that ballpark. Then, once you have data, adjust it as needed.

Once you have the keywords in there, Google will generally give you an estimate for first page bids, top of page bids, and 1st position bids. Once those show up (I've seen it show fast, other times 24-48 hours), you can have a better idea as it's more tailored to your account.

You find those estimates at the keyword level. You will need to add the columns.

Best of luck,

David