AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How many versions of google Adwords exist?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Google Community,

my name is Davide and i have been running an online clothing store for a month. Unfortunately, i have really poor tecnology skills, didn't even know the existance of Google Adwords since few weeks ago.

Well, as we all do, i need to promote my business and i'm currently getting familiar with this tool watching tutorial videos.

Basically i have started my campaign, i can not figure out if there is only one version of Google Adwords or more. In few words, my Google Adwords, looks so different, it is very poor and basic and lots of features are missing from other versions i have watched so far. I can even edit my personal details going back from step 2 to step 1!

I have attached a screen shot of my page below, and link of the video i was looking at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBCmC2FTO0.

If anyone could help would be very much appreciated. Thanks a lot! Davide

IMG-20160419-00876.jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Davide A
April 2016

Re: How many versions of google Adwords exist?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Davide A

Welcome to AdWords Community. 

To your question, there are two different versions for AdWords - Google AdWords and AdWords Express. The screenshot you have shared is for the main/primary version. The screen you are on at the moment is start/welcome screen for new accounts. Here you are presented with basic options to get you started easily and quickly with your first ad campaign.

Once you have created your first campaign, you will land in the main dashboard where you will come across all those features/options which you see missing here.

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Tweeter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Davide A
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Davide A

Welcome to AdWords Community. 

To your question, there are two different versions for AdWords - Google AdWords and AdWords Express. The screenshot you have shared is for the main/primary version. The screen you are on at the moment is start/welcome screen for new accounts. Here you are presented with basic options to get you started easily and quickly with your first ad campaign.

Once you have created your first campaign, you will land in the main dashboard where you will come across all those features/options which you see missing here.

Thanks
Ratan Jha
Join me on Google+   |   Tweeter

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Davide,
There is only one version of Adwords and it is not something like that you have update like latest version of software.

I would suggest you to first learn Adwords basics before running any adwords campaign or hire professional to do that otherwise there are chances that your campaign won't perform well.

First check this @ https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6146252?hl=en
&
https://support.google.com/adwords/?hl=en#topic=3119071

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Davide A to add to @Ratan-Jha's reply, to confuse things further, you may see different options and settings within the main version of AdWords depending upon what Campaign type you select.  When you create a Search or a Display Campaign, you'll be offered two choices, one of which presents a limited set of features and one which shows all available features.  We often see questions here from people looking for a setting that's not visible on their screen because their Campaign is only showing the limited set.

Not something you may need to worry about now, but bear it in mind if you find yourself searching for a setting that doesn't seem to exist...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits