Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How many unique users saw my ad

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi!

How could I know, how many unique users saw my ad (Search ad)?
Do impression gives me that information or there is another way how I could get it?

Many thanks in advance for your help

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marija Hris
April 2016

Re: Frequency for Search ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately there is no immediate metric in AdWords that lets you measure this for Search Campaigns. The best thing you can do is set up RLSA "Bid Only" within the Search AdGroups. This gives you another metric that you can check and adjust on. This will allow you to measure the trends of people who had already been exposed to your search ads. If they perform well, you can increase the bid adjuster, or vice versa. Refer to this for set-up: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

View solution in original post

Frequency for Search ads

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey!

I would like to know, how many times users have saw the same ad (search ad)? Is there any metric (let say called: frequency) that could provide this information?
This metric is important for me, cause I would like to know on average how many times users should see the ad in order to perform some meaningful action?

Thank you for your guidance and support

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marija Hris
April 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Unfortunately there is no immediate metric in AdWords that lets you measure this for Search Campaigns. The best thing you can do is set up RLSA "Bid Only" within the Search AdGroups. This gives you another metric that you can check and adjust on. This will allow you to measure the trends of people who had already been exposed to your search ads. If they perform well, you can increase the bid adjuster, or vice versa. Refer to this for set-up: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2701222?hl=en

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Yes, there's a metric called reach & frequency to see unique users. However, it is confined to Google Display Network. This is because search ads are served on the basis of search intent.

So the answer to your question is - 'every time users search'. This is not related to unique users, again because of search intent. Whether users search for the first time or fifth, there is an intent which needs to be targeted.

If you're trying to analyze 'what it takes for users to click an ad', I'd suggest taking a look at:

Feel free to write back!

Sumanth Sridhar