4.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How many google display formats?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi , I am wondering how many ad format do people usually create for their campaign? I ve heard that you usually have to create 12 or 14 formats to be really efficient.
Isn't that too many?
Thanks
thanks
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How many google display formats?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Diane,

There are basically 7 types of ad formats in google adwords those are Text ads,Ad extensions,image ads,WAP mobile ads,App Promotion ads,video ads,product listing ads.Every ad format has there own priority and advertisers will choose the format depends upon the business requirement.Please follow below link for further details.
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722124?hl=en

Re: How many google display formats?

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Diane,

Are you talking about the image ad sizes that we can run for a Display Campaign?

If yes, then you are right, as a best practice you should always start out with all size variations and then depending on performance recorded, look to pause the non performing ones.

This is generally recommended as it allows you to cover all possible placements where your ads can show up. Websites on the display network have different ad slots and if you target just a few size variations, you may not be able to show your ads on some of placements thus limiting visibility.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"