AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How many conversions can I expect from remarketing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking into a remarketing campaign through AdWords. Planning on about $15-$20 per day. The website currently gets about 30 visitors a day. 80% of visitors are new. 

How can I calculate what to expect in terms of clicks and potential contact form conversions from a landing page?

Thanks! 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashley K
September 2015

Re: How many conversions can I expect from remarketing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashley K I'm afraid there really is no way to answer that question!

The success (or lack of) from a Remarketing Campaign will depend upon many factors; the usual ones - Ad quality, landing pages, etc. but more importantly the nature of the business.  For example, if I buy an Porsche online from a car dealer, there's really little point in trying to sell me another one next week.  On the other hand, if I buy some electronic components from an online store, I'm quite likely to carry on buying such things and remarketing could ensure I come back to the same store.

There's also different types of Remarketing.  Are you trying to sell the same product again (typically consumables) or are you going to try and upsell (sell me a car cover to go over that lovely new Porsche).  Are you targeting previous buyers or people who didn't buy, and if they didn't buy, at what point are you adding them to your list and why didn't they buy?  If you think they may have been put off by shipping costs, your Remarketing Ads should include clear information about free shipping over a certain value, if you think the order process put them off, make your Ads show you have other forms of ordering (and then fix your order process!).

What time period are you going to remarket over?  I've said there's no point in trying to sell me another Porsche next week, but in a year or two it may be worthwhile nudging me.    Lists can run for up to 540 days and using combinations can cause Remarketing to start anywhere up to that limit so you could for example have a combination list that remarkets to people who bought more than 6 months ago and not since.

Lots of questions!

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashley K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashley K I'm afraid there really is no way to answer that question!

The success (or lack of) from a Remarketing Campaign will depend upon many factors; the usual ones - Ad quality, landing pages, etc. but more importantly the nature of the business.  For example, if I buy an Porsche online from a car dealer, there's really little point in trying to sell me another one next week.  On the other hand, if I buy some electronic components from an online store, I'm quite likely to carry on buying such things and remarketing could ensure I come back to the same store.

There's also different types of Remarketing.  Are you trying to sell the same product again (typically consumables) or are you going to try and upsell (sell me a car cover to go over that lovely new Porsche).  Are you targeting previous buyers or people who didn't buy, and if they didn't buy, at what point are you adding them to your list and why didn't they buy?  If you think they may have been put off by shipping costs, your Remarketing Ads should include clear information about free shipping over a certain value, if you think the order process put them off, make your Ads show you have other forms of ordering (and then fix your order process!).

What time period are you going to remarket over?  I've said there's no point in trying to sell me another Porsche next week, but in a year or two it may be worthwhile nudging me.    Lists can run for up to 540 days and using combinations can cause Remarketing to start anywhere up to that limit so you could for example have a combination list that remarkets to people who bought more than 6 months ago and not since.

Lots of questions!

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the feedback Jon! Great things to consider. I've realized calculating an anticipated conversion number is slim, but now that I've been in the account and know what I should be bidding for clicks, I can see what the max amount of clicks available within the budget is. From there, it becomes a funnel, like all marketing and sales cycles.