AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How long does it take for universal app campaigns to "learn"?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm using an Universal App Campaign and I'm getting a good "per install cost" but the "per activation" cost is 6 times more expansive then I'm getting for a similar audience in Facebook.

Google still shows me the capaign status as "Learning". How long does it take for it to learn? Should I insist or give up and try "regular" campaings to manually make them better?

Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, i´m facing the same problem. good per install result, but terrible per-app-login result (25€ for each login!  vs  0.60€ for each install)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi did you ever get an answer to your question?

Re: How long does it take for universal app campaigns to "learn"?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Julio and Andre,

I assume basically you need downloads from users who might actually use your app.

There are two Optimization options available for UAC campaigns. (In the old adwords interface).   

- Get new users for your app

- Get new users who are likely to complete in-app actions that you select

Try the second one and Google will automatically optimize the campaigns to get installs from users who might be valuable to you. 

But before you can use it you need to set up in-app actions (In your case, login) effectively. You will find the setup instructions here and more about the optimization from the Google Blog here

And also you can't create "manual" app campaigns in future since Google is going to move all AdWords app install campaigns to Universal App Campaigns (UAC) later this year. 

But don't worry, UAC will perform much better and is getting even smarter everyday and will provide you with quality results better than any other channels.