AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.4K members online now
1.4K members online now
Get started with Google Ads - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How long before enabled ad groups and ads get removed from an already-removed campaign

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I removed a campaign before I removed the ad groups and ads within it, and now that I removed the campaign first, I cannot pause or remove the ad groups / ads. I understand that they're not running, since the campaign has been removed, but I'd like to know when they get completely purged?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How long before enabled ad groups and ads get removed from an already-removed campaign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Michal,

You paused or deleted the above mentioned campaigns and/or ad groups therefore they are not running any more.
However, they will never be fully purged from your list of items and the associated stats. I.e. if you select the appropriate items, and time period in your report, and wish to see all items (enabled, paused, and removed ones) then enabled, paused and removed items (campaigns or ad groups in your case) will display too.

The above is necessary so that advertisers can research their past activities any time.

Best,
Lakatos

Re: How long before enabled ad groups and ads get removed from an already-removed campaign

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Michal,

You can not make any edit to removed campaign/adgroup, even related to the status as well.

The data will remain in the account as long as you have the adwords account.(even an adwords account don't get deleted, it just gets deactivated)
To get rid of the removed data, the only option you have is changing the view status as " All but Removed" or "all Enabled"(if you want to get rid of both removed and paused data).

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’