2.4K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How local is local?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Just wondering about the adwords keyword tool results. There are Global and Local results - is it country level local, province, or city?
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: How local is local?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi, Bluebeep.

If you hover over the "?" circle next to the table header "Local Monthly Searches", you'll see this:

Local Monthly Searches

If you specified a country or language for your search, this is the approximate 12-month average number of user queries for the keyword for those countries and languages. It's specific to your Keyword Match Type selection. Learn more

Note: if you've selected multiple countries or a location that isn't a country (like a city, state, or region), we won't show local search volume stats.

Therefore it's "Country".
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Bluebeep,

On the Keyword Tool you have the option to expand the Locations and languages section below the keyword fields. Selecting a country from here determines your Local Monthly Searches while the Global Local Searches are naturally worldwide.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Kim_Clink (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi, Bluebeep.

If you hover over the "?" circle next to the table header "Local Monthly Searches", you'll see this:

Local Monthly Searches

If you specified a country or language for your search, this is the approximate 12-month average number of user queries for the keyword for those countries and languages. It's specific to your Keyword Match Type selection. Learn more

Note: if you've selected multiple countries or a location that isn't a country (like a city, state, or region), we won't show local search volume stats.

Therefore it's "Country".
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is the radius of a local search?

If I live in Greenwhich CT does local include Stamford Ct?

Thanks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi dtarver, local is countrywise not citywise..

If you are referring it to adding location radious on Adwords, then it can be any radius