2.9K members online now
Get started with AdWords - learn the basics to get set up for success
Guide Me
star_border

How is this done?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Could someone tell me how the "EventTicketsCenter.com" is appearing to the right of the dash?  I didn't think there were that many character spaces available.

BOKad.PNG

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: How is this done?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
From what I've read in the past (can't quote the source) this is something Google does every now and then with top ads: it either appends the website domain or (though not that often) places it before the headline.

Those characters are not counted, obviously.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
From what I've read in the past (can't quote the source) this is something Google does every now and then with top ads: it either appends the website domain or (though not that often) places it before the headline.

Those characters are not counted, obviously.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Agreed with adWiser. All depends on Google, it may shown or may not be.

Though you can also show the description line along with the headline which you can control.
Its all how you play with the punctuations in the description line -1.

Hope this post will make you understand better:
https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/Extended-Ad-Headlines-The-Fluctuation-of-Punctuat...

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
In case anybody's still wondering, the AdWords help center article for this is https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722087

As with all format decisions (like deciding which ad extensions to show), the 'secret answer' is "Google does this when the system thinks it will improve your ad's CTR," so just relax and trust the system will know when to do it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
In addition to AdWiser's and others' answer, I would like to add that they are using CamelCase to make their url stand out. If you fulfill all the "requirements" Google has for bringing your domain up to the top like that, you want to make sure you show in a way that stands out. For example EventTicketCenter.com as opposed to eventticketcenter.com