Guide Me
star_border

How is the seller rating calculated?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Please advise on the following: our site has currently 3 out of 5 stars when checking on "http://www.google.com/shopping/seller?q""

We've recently reached 30 reviews for the past 12 months on an independent review site (9.3 out of 10).

My question is: after how much time will we see the seller rating on google searches, and what type of rating will it be? (will it be an arithmetic average between what we see now at the link above and the new score?). If not, how is it calculated?

I did check the info to be found at 

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/190657?hl=en and

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375474?hl=en

but this didn't answer my question.

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Krisha (Community Manager)
April 2016

Re: How is the seller rating calculated?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Roxana,

Assuming you're referring to one of the review sites listed on the page you linked, from my experience, it can take a few weeks to update from the point where you reach the threashold. I can't tell you how they're calculated though when you're sourcing reviews from multiple services.

Also, depending on the service you're using, you may need 30 reviews with comments, for instance. As Moshe mentioned, if you're paying for one of these services, those folks should know all about the process from their dealings with Google and be able to give you some sort of timeline. I've dealt with a couple of them and that was my experience as well.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Roxana P;

Google does not disclose the specifics of the audit process,. I can say though that it is a more complex than just an  arithmetic calculation.

If you contact Stella directly, they might shed some light on the audict / review process.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Krisha (Community Manager)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Roxana,

Assuming you're referring to one of the review sites listed on the page you linked, from my experience, it can take a few weeks to update from the point where you reach the threashold. I can't tell you how they're calculated though when you're sourcing reviews from multiple services.

Also, depending on the service you're using, you may need 30 reviews with comments, for instance. As Moshe mentioned, if you're paying for one of these services, those folks should know all about the process from their dealings with Google and be able to give you some sort of timeline. I've dealt with a couple of them and that was my experience as well.

-Tommy

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Tommy, indeed I was referring to the 30 reviews with comments.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, Moshe